A Collection of Links that may be useful for Criminal Defense Attorneys:
1) Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes
Read the text of current state laws for free on the web.
2) Pennsylvania Direcotry of Psychologists
A directory of Pennsylvania psychologists arranged by town with links to their web pages.
3) Hieros Gamos
THE comprehensive legal resource site.
A plethora of legal research tools including an A-Z offense specific dictionary search tool for the criminal defense attorney.
5) The Jurist
A University of Pittsburgh publication offering legal news, commentary, discussion and resources.
Resources and research tools for current and prospective criminal justice students.
7) Pa. Continuing Legal Education Board
The links in the menu on the left provide access to information, forms, frequently asked questions about legal education requirements for Pennsylvania lawyers.
8) National Legal Aid and Defender Association
A resource for those representing equal justice in Pennsylvania.
9) Pa. Juvenile Defenders
A website dedicated to criminal defense of juveniles, with criminal law updates and links to state and local juvenile defender offices.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Criminal Defense Resources in Pennsylvania:
1) The Unified Justice System of Pennsylvania – This is the oldest appellate court in the nation. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court makes final interpretations of state law. Thousands of cases are submitted to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court each year; however, the court retains the discretion to hear only the cases that it deems important for the state.
Commonwealth Court Chief Clerk’s Office
Pennsylvania Judicial Center
601 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 2100
P.O. Box 69185
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9185
2) Pennsylvania Commission on Sentencing – This Commission was created by the General Assembly in 1978 with the mission of creating a consistent and rational statewide sentencing policy that is fair, no matter the severity of the crime. According to 42 Pa.C.S. §2154, the court is to adopt sentencing guidelines that are to be “considered by the sentencing court in determining the appropriate sentence for defendants who plead guilty or nolo contendere to, or who were found guilty of, felonies and misdemeanors.”
009 Brumbaugh Hall
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park Campus
3) Pennsylvania Criminal Code – This online database contains reference material for Pennsylvania’s state statutes. The website reflects changes effective through 43 Pa.B. 202 (January 5, 2013).
4) Pennsylvania State Police – Created in 1905, this is the oldest uniformed police organization in the country. The Pennsylvania State Police are responsible for many criminal investigation and support services, in addition to highway safety supervision.
Pennsylvania State Police Department Headquarters
1800 Elmerton Ave.
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Pennsylvania & Local Resources:
- PA.gov – The official website of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Montgomery County – The official website of Montgomery County
- Bucks County – The official website of Bucks County
- Norristown – The official website of the Municipality of Norristown
- Doylestown – The official website of Doylestown Township
- Lehigh County – The official website of Lehigh County
- Berks County – The official website of Berks County
- City of Allentown – The official website of the City of Allentown
- City of Reading – The official website of the City of Reading
1) Pennsylvania Courts – A wealth of information about the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania has been assembled on this website, including court opinions, policies, dockets, and calendars.
2) Montgomery County Courts – The Montgomery County Courts page provides a calendar and hearings list, court forms, and local rules, along with other helpful information.
3) Bucks County Court – The main Bucks County Court page offers links to general court information, as well as links divided among civil, domestic, and criminal matters.
4) Lehigh County Court – The Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas page offers a wide variety of information regarding the general jurisdiction court located in Allentown.
5) Berks County Courts – Information on jury services, court administration and helpful forms and scheduled are listed on the webpage for the Berks County Court of Common Pleas.
6) Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC) – The AOPC is the administrative arm of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. This website offers insight into the departments and units within the AOPC, conducting business with the AOPC and other information regarding the court system.
Criminal Law Resources:
1) Pennsylvania State Police Department – The Pennsylvania State Police website offers information on traffic and crime initiatives, explains services provided to the public, and gives safety tips for citizens.
2) The Pennsylvania Point System Fact Sheet – Information from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation explaining how points are added to a driver’s record when he or she is found guilty of certain driving violations.
3) Pennsylvania DUI Association – This organization’s website offers information about the enforcement of DUI laws in Pennsylvania.
4) Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department – The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department website provides forms, a most wanted list and a warrant list, as well as information regarding department services.
5) Bucks County Sheriff’s Department – The Bucks County Sheriff’s Department contains information about weapons permits, warrants, and duties of the sheriff’s department.
6) Norristown Police Department – The Norristown Police Department website provides information on police programs and additional law enforcement links.
7) Federal Drug Classification Schedules – This site describes the distinguishing characteristics of Schedule I, II, III, IV, and V drugs.
- Federal Resources
- Federal Branches of Government
- Executive Office of the President (EOP)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – The official PBA website provides a wealth of information regarding the practice of law in Pennsylvania.
- Montgomery Bar Association – The MBA website is a valuable resource for attorneys and citizens in Montgomery County.
- Bar Association of Lehigh County – The BALC website offers information on events, schedules and announcements for membership and services including law journal and referral service.
Judicial Branch of the Federal Government:
- United States Court System
- 1st Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Maryland District Court
- North Carolina Eastern District Court
- North Carolina Middle District Court
- North Carolina Western District Court
- South Carolina District Court
- Virginia Eastern District Court
- Virginia Western District Court
- West Virginia Northern District Court
- West Virginia Southern District Court
- West Virginia Southern Probation Office
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Louisiana Eastern District Court
- Louisiana Eastern Pretrial Services Office
- Louisiana Eastern Probation Office
- Louisiana Middle District Court
- Louisiana Western District Court
- Mississippi Northern District Court
- Mississippi Southern District Court
- Texas Eastern District Court
- Texas Eastern Probation Office
- Texas Northern District Court
- Texas Western District Court
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Magistrate Judges Secretaries Association
- Kentucky Eastern District Court
- Kentucky Western District Court
- Kentucky Western Probation Office
- Michigan Eastern District
- Michigan Eastern Probation Office
- Michigan Western District Court
- Ohio Northern District Court
- Ohio Southern District Court
- Ohio Southern Probation
- Tennessee Eastern District Court
- Tennessee Middle District Court
- Tennessee Middle Probation & Pretrial Services Office
- Tennessee Western District Court
- Tennessee Western Probation Office
- 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Illinois Central District Court
- Illinois Central District Court
- Illinois Northern District Court
- Illinois Southern District Court
- Illinois Southern Probation Office
- Indiana Northern District Court
- Indiana Northern Probation and Pretrial
- Indiana Southern District Court
- Indiana Southern Probation Office
- Wisconsin Eastern District Court
- Wisconsin Western District Court
- Wisconsin Western Probation Office
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Arkansas Eastern District Court
- Arkansas Western District Court
- Iowa Northern District Court
- Iowa Southern District Court
- Minnesota District Court
- Missouri Eastern District Court
- Missouri Eastern Pretrial Services
- Missouri Eastern Probation Office
- Nebraska District Court
- North Dakota District Court
- South Dakota District Court
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Alaska District Court
- Arizona District Court
- Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the Ninth Circuit
- California Central District Court
- California Eastern District Court
- California Eastern Probation Office
- California Northern District Court
- California Southern District Court
- California Southern Pretrial Services
- California Southern Probation Office
- Guam District Court
- Hawaii District Court
- Idaho Bankruptcy/District Court
- Montana District Court
- Nevada District Court
- Northern Mariana Islands District Court
- Office of the Circuit Executive
- Oregon District Court
- Washington Eastern District Court
- Washington Western District Court
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the Tenth Circuit
- Colorado Bankruptcy Court
- Colorado District Court
- Colorado Federal Courts All Units
- Kansas Bankruptcy Court
- Kansas District Court
- Oklahoma Eastern District Court
- Oklahoma Northern District Court
- Oklahoma Western District Court
- Utah District Court
- Wyoming District Court
- New Mexico District Court
- New Mexico Pretrial Services
- New Mexico Probation Office
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Alabama Middle District Court
- Alabama Northern District Court
- Alabama Southern District Court
- Florida Middle District Court
- Florida Middle Probation Office
- Florida Northern District Court
- Florida Northern Probation and Pretrial
- Florida Southern District Court
- Georgia Middle District Court
- Georgia Northern District Court
- Georgia Southern District Court
- DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- DC Bankruptcy Court
- DC District Court
- Federal Public Defender
- Federal Circuit:
- Association of Bankruptcy Judicial Assistants
- Court of Appeals for Veterans’ Claims
- Federal Judicial Center
- Judicial Fellows Program
- Judicial Panel on Multi-District Litigation
- Library of Congress
- S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- S. Court of Federal Claims
- S. Court of International Trade
- S. Supreme Court
- S. Tax Court
- United States Sentencing Commission
Legislative Branch of the Federal Government:
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Senate
- Legislative Agencies & Commissions
- The Library of Congress
Get your questions answered - call me for your strategy session at (888) 994-7616